One-year programmes for
international students seeking a qualification in applied science:
‘Obtain a Master of Science Degree in 1 year’
A Master of Science degree is obtained after 5 years of higher education of which the final 2 are taken at the MINES Saint-Étienne. The final year is comprises 6 months of taught courses and 6 months of internship/master thesis, in collaboration with in-company R&D centres.
International students may be admitted under certain conditions* (see requirements) for the final year and therefore obtain the diploma of Master of Science in one year. After graduation, they have the possibility to continue as PhD students.
Masters of Science taught in English:
- Biomedical Engineering and Design (BMED)
- Cyber-Physical Social Systems (CPS2)
- Health Management and Data Intelligence
- Hybrid Electronics
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR)
- Materials Science Engineering (MSE)
- Mathematical Imaging and Spatial Pattern Analysis (MISPA)
- Process Engineering & Industrial Energy Efficiency (PEI2E)
- Tribology and Surface Engineering (TSE)
Masters of Science taught in French:
- Data and connected systems (DSC)
- GEOgraphy SPaces Human Environment REsources (GEOSPHERE)
- Mathematics in action (MAEA)
- Mechanics and Materials Processing (MMP)
- Prospective Design
- Science for Industrial and Urban Environment (SEIU)
*Requirements for applicants for Masters in Engineering and Masters of Science:
Prior successful completion of a first year of a Master’s Degree in theoretical and / or applied science, or equivalent diploma (at the home university or Ecole des Mines) / or 240 ECTS credits completed.
Level B1 (CEFRL-Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in French language is required for students joining graduate engineering programmes and Masters of Science taught in French.
A good command of English is mandatory for all programmes and specifically the Masters taught in English.