The international strategy of the École des Mines de Saint-Étienne is threefold:
- to prepare Master’s, Engineering and PhD students for international careers;
- to ensure international promotion of our education and research programmes;
- to support the international development of companies and competitiveness by research and education.
Seven key themes of the strategy, each with an emblematic goal:
- Outgoing mobility for Engineering students: 6 months of studies or internship abroad;
- Incoming mobility for Master’s students: at least 30% of international students in our Master of Science courses;
- International programmes: 7 English-taught Master of Science programmes in our domains of excellence: industrial engineering, biomedical engineering, energy and process engineering, materials science engineering…
- Partnerships: to develop balanced relationships with internationally well-ranked universities for research and educational common programmes;
- Research: to provide opportunities for faculty members and researchers abroad by research collaborations and research sabbaticals;
- Economic development: to develop off-shore training sessions for international engineers;
- Staff: to support development of multicultural experiences, to promote international recruitment and staff mobility.