- 10/2021: Michel BIERLAIRE will visit SFL Department
We are pleased to announce that we will have the visit of Michel Bierlaire (EPFL) from Tuesday, October 5 to Friday, October 15. Michel is a professor at EPFL and former director of the Transportation and Mobility Laboratory. Michel will participate, at least in part, in the department’s seminar.
- 10/2021: First face-to-face SC³ European project meeting
The first partner meeting of the European CSA research project SC³ will be held in the SFL department on 13 October 2021. SC³ intends to create a common language for total collaboration between humans and machines and all partners involved.
SFL faculty, Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès and Claude Yugma, are organizing the event.
- 09/2021: A successful IEEE CASE 2021 conference
Great success for the IEEE CASE 2021 conference in Lyon with an theme on Data-Driven Automation. Videos of the conference plenaries and industry panel are online, and accessible here, and here. The conference was organized for the first time in France, and strongly supported by our laboratory with Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès as Program Committee Chair, Claude Yugma as Publicity Chair, and Nabil Absi as Publication Chair.
- 07/2021: Nomination of Pierre UNY to the Knight order of the “Ordre des Palmes Académiques”
We are proud to announce the nomination of Pierre UNY to the Knight (Chevalier) order of the “Ordre des Palmes Académiques” (French for “Order of Academic Palms”) for the promotion of July 14, 2021. The “Ordre des Palmes Académiques” is a national order bestowed by the French Republic on distinguished academics and teachers and for valuable service to universities.
- 07/2021: An award winning paper In the EURO 2021 Conference
Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès has won the best Theory and Methodology paper award in the EURO 2021 Conference for his excellent work : Solving the flexible job shop scheduling problem with sequence-dependent setup times.
- 06/2019: Great success for the EURO conference in Dublin, with S. Dauzère-Pérès in the programme committee.
- 06/2019: The SFL department organized the second ISMIN optimization challenge. This year, the students had to solve a container relocation problem.
- 06/2019: The annual SFL meeting was held on 17/18 June at Bandor island.
- 05/2019: Dr. Erna Engebrethsen from BI Norwegian School of Management (Norway) came visiting us for 5 weeks. She gave a talk on “Transportation mode selection in inventory models”
- 01/2019: Our colleague Jakey Blue left us for a professor position in NTU (Taïwan). Good luck for this new departure Jakey!
- 11/2018: Dr. Kerem Akartunali from University of Strathclyde (UK) gave a talk on “Production Planning: A Review and Robustness”.
- 10/2018: The 50th Exchange Day coordinated among SFL, ST-Crolles and ST-Rousset was successfully held in Rousset and Gardanne campus on the 24th and 25th of October, respectively. The significant milestone was celebrated with valuable keynotes given by Prof. John Fowler from ASU and successful alumi graduated through the collaboration of SFL and STMicroelectronics.
- 06/2018: The annual SFL seminar was held on 25/26 June at La Ciotat.
- 06/2018: The 49th Exchange Day between STMicroelectronics (sites of Crolles and Rousset) and SFL Department was held in Rousset on June 19 with fruitful results.
- 04/2018: The 48th Exchange Day between STMicroelectronics (sites of Crolles and Rousset) and SFL Department was held in Rousset on April 12 with fruitful results.
- 03/2018: Étienne Le Quere, the former ISMIN student (P2017) has been awarded the prize for the best internship of the IMT schools by the Mines-Telecom Foundation, BNP Paribas, Nokia & Orange. Please refer to the link to see his excellent work “Analysis and optimal control of the risk in manufacturing the silicon on isolator” at Soitec, supervised by SFL faculty Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès.
- 02/2018: In the 19th ROADEF (Société Française de Recherche Opérationnelle et d’Aide à la Décision) in Lorient, SFL post-doc fellow, Hamza Ben Ticha, has won the best paper award of Transport and Logistics Working Group of the GDR-RO for his work on “Time-Dependent Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows and Road Network Information”.
- 02/2018: In the 6th ISMI (International Symposium on Semiconductor Manufacturing Intelligence) in Hsinchu, Taiwan, SFL faculty, Jakey Blue, has won the outstanding presentation award for his talk on “Manifold Dimension Reduction of FDC Data as the Unsupervised Fault Diagnosis in Semiconductor Manufacturing”.
- 02/2018: In the 6th ISMI (International Symposium on Semiconductor Manufacturing Intelligence) in Hsinchu, Taiwan, SFL faculty, Prof. Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès, is invited to give the keynote speech on ” Some Challenges on Integration of Decisions in Logistics”.
- 02/2018: In the 6th ISMI (International Symposium on Semiconductor Manufacturing Intelligence) in Hsinchu, Taiwan, SFL Ph.D. candidate, Alexandre Lima, has won the best student paper award for his excellent work on “Joint Distribution Learning for Time Constraints Tunnels Management in Semiconductor Manufacturing”.
- 01/2018: The 47th Exchange Day between STMicroelectronics (sites of Crolles and Rousset) and SFL Department was held on January 16 in Gardanne.
- 10/2017: SFL faculty, Agnès Roussy, was appointed as the CMP representative for international affairs. She will be responsible for setting up international partnerships and the implementation of English training programs.
- 09/2017: 2018 SEMI Advanced Semiconductor Manufacturing Conference (ASMC) in Saratoga Springs (US) is co-chaired by SFL faculty, Agnès Roussy. For more details of the conference, please check here: ASMC 2018.
- 05/2017: The European H2020 research project “Productive 4.0” (ECSEL Joint Undertaking) was officially launched and the first partner meeting is held in Dresden, Germany on 17-19 May. SFL faculty, Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès and Claude Yugma, have participated at this kick-off event.
- 05/2017: The annual winter school of scheduling for young researchers (École d’hiver GOThA/GDR RO 2017) will be held on 20-22 November in Angers. Professor Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès from SFL is invited to give a talk on “Heuristic Methods for Scheduling”. For more programme details, please access the link above.
- 04/2017: The research scientist at University of Michigan, James Moyne, was invited to visit SFL and give a talk on “Big Data, Industry 4.0 and the Advancement in Microelectronics Advanced Process Control”.
- 03/2017: Call for Ph.D. candidate on “development of new models and original solution methods for the optimization of planning operations for end-of-life products”. Please refer to the detailed description to find out more.
- 02/2017: SFL faculty, Nabil Absi and Dominique Feillet, and the SFL alumnus, Diego Cattaruzza, have partnered with Ecole Centrale Lille to win the 1st Prize of Scientific Award in ROADEF/EURO Challenge 2016. Check the certification here.
- 02/2017: Call for the Post-doctoral candidate on “Design and Development of a Precipitation Nowcasting Prototype”. Please refer to this job description for more details.
- 02/2017: The summer school on “the new challenges of logistics and transportation” is organized by SFL in Gardanne on 23-24 May. Register before March 31, 2017. For more details, please visit the program website: http://www.isima.fr/~lacomme/GT2L/
- 12/2016: In the ISSM 2016 (International Workshop on Simulation) in Tokyo, SFL Ph.D. student Agharben El Amine has won the best student paper award for his excellent presentation “Flash gate optimzed process and integration for electrical performances requirement on advanced embedded memory”.
- 12/2016: Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès, Adar Kalir (Intel, Israel) and Reha Uzsoy (North Carolina State University, USA) organized the 2016 International Conference on Modeling and Analysis of Semiconductor Manufacturing (MASM), held in Arlington, Virginia, USA. MASM 2016 is fully contained within the Winter Simulation Conference 2016 (WSC 2016), the leading conference in simulation.
- 12/2016: Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès participated as an expert in the HCERES (Haut Conseil d’Evaluation de la Recherche et des établissements d’Enseignement Supérieur) committee to evaluate the Heudiasyc research unit of the CNRS and the University of Technology of Compiègne.
- 11/2016: The 43rd exchange day between STMicroelectronics (sites of Crolles and Rousset) and the SFL Department of the EMSE-CMP was held on November 30th in Crolles.
- 11/2016: Dominique Feillet entered the scientific committee of the “Programme National Marchandises en Villes”, supported by the French ministry of Environment and the French Environment and Energy Management Agency (ADEME).
- 10-12/2016: Rachid Cherkaoui, Ph.d. student funded by the ANR project EVERS, was invited for a 3-months stay at Ecole Polytechnique Montréal (Canada) to work on the optimization of electric vehicle routes with Prof. Louis-Martin Rousseau.
- 10/2016: Dominique Feillet was invited for a plenary presentation on “Vehicle routing in Road Networks” in the event organized in Tours by the G2TL (Groupe de Travail en Logistique et Transport) of the GDR RO.
- 09/2016 The 42th Exchange Day of the workshop coordinated between SFL, ST-Crolles and ST-Rousset was successfully held in Rousset on 15th with fruitful results.
- 08/2016: In the 5th ISMI (International Symposium on Semiconductor Manufacturing Intelligence) in HsinChu, SFL Ph.D. student Hamideh Rostami has won best student paper award for her excellent presentation “Equipment Anomaly Detection And Automatic Fault Fingerprint Extraction In Semiconductor Manufacturing”.
- 06/2016: The 41th Exchange Day of the workshop coordinated between SFL, ST-Crolles and ST-Rousset was successfully held in Gardanne on the 23rd with fruitful results.
- 05/2016: The annual SFL seminar was held on 26/27 May at Îles Bendor.
- 04/2016: The 40th Exchange Day of the workshop coordinated between SFL, ST-Crolles and ST-Rousset was successfully held in Crolles on the 27th with fruitful results.
- 03/2015: Hash Code 2015 is a programming competition organized by Google Paris. Contestants are given a limited amount of time to write a software that optimizes a given algorithmic problem. SFL PhD students: Abdoul Bitar & Sebastian Knopp, teamed up and successfully qualified for the final round that took place at the Google offices in Paris on March 27-28.
- 03/2015: SFL is now recruiting a Maître Assitant (Associate Professor), a post-doctoral researcher and a research engineer.
- 02/2015: Professor Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès hosts the plenary session for “Some Challenges on Integration of Decisions in Logistics” in Roadef conference 2015, Marseille.