Industry and Territories of the future
efficiency, resilience and sustainability
A training and research center, the Henri Fayol Institute is interested in current transformations in the light of digital, ecological and industrial transitions which are at the heart of the efficiency, resilience and sustainability of industry and territories of the future. To do this, the institute deploys a multidisciplinary strategy combining strong skills in mathematical and industrial engineering, in computer science and intelligent systems, in environmental and organizational engineering, in responsible management and innovation in connection with EVS UMR 5600, LIMOS UMR 6158 and COACTIS Management Research Unit. It is thus a question of contributing to the establishment of an overall industrial performance that creates value(s) for all the stakeholders in synergy with the territories in which they are anchored.
A committed team by your side
Together to imagine and build a sustainable future with the members of the Henri Fayol Institute.
The Henri Fayol Institute is a team of 53 permanent staff: 45 teacher-researchers; 5 Administrative and technical staff; 3 expert engineers (C3I) and 38 PhD students and post-doctoral students.
A management team, Olivier Boissier (director); Philippe Beaune (deputy director) and Sandrine Berger-Douce (deputy director).
- Industrial engineering
- Computer sciences
- Applied mathematics
- Operational Research
- Social sciences.Expertise, skills and know-how
- Decision Aiding oriented Computer Sciences, mathematical modeling.
- Global Performance, Industrial Risk, Innovation and Organizational Change, product design and production systems, open cooperative and decentralized IT systems, urban logistics, Corporate Social Responsibility, environnemental assessment.
Computer science and intelligent systems department
Contact : Flavien Balbo, email@example.com
Inter-connection of digital contents, services, things and people
- Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge Representation
- Semantic Web
- Data mining
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Social Networks
- Virtual Communities
Mathematics and Operations Research for Engineering
Contact: Mireille Batton-Hubert, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematics for Decision Support tools based on computational and numerical methods
- Forecasting and optimization for physic processes and industrial systems
- With uncertainty taken into account
Organisation and environmental engineering department
Contact: Valérie Laforest, email@example.com
Environmental, economic and social performances of production systems and territories
- Environmental assessment
- Sustainable logistic
- Territory resilience
Responsible management and innovation department
Contact : Jean-Michel Degeorge, firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Performance through Sustainable Innovation
- Collaborative Platforms for Sustainable Innovation CSR
- Innovation and Value Creation in SMEs
- Managerial and Organizational Practices
- IT infrastructure & communicating objects to optimizing production systems approach flexibility and environmental responsibility
Territorial system for decision support
- Simulates the evolution of a spatio- temporal object
- Helps analyze results
- Shows both the evolution of the object of study and selected indicators
The MAQ’IT Prototyping Platform is intended for all teachers, researchers, engineers and PhD students of the Mines Saint-Etienne School who have to develop proofs of concept for projects (research, educational, etc.). For instance, in the Fayol institute, the platform has already enabled to address research problems such as coordination between vehicles, task planning…