Responsibilities and Duties
– Director of the Center for Biomedical and Healthcare Engineering (70 people)
– Responsible of the #FutureMedicine platform (Youtube channel)
– Co-Responsible of the living lab MedTechLab® : http://www.medtechlab.fr
– Industrial Engineering
– Operational Research
– Data Science
– Performance evaluation and healthcare systems engineering: 2 defended theses, 1 on-going thesis.
Keywords: modeling, discrete-event/multi-agent simulation, Data Envelopment Analysis
– Optimization and management of healthcare systems: 1 defended thesis, 1 on-going thesis.
Keywords: discrete optimization, stochastic optimization, meta-heuristics
– Health data and medical decision aid: 1 on-going thesis
Keywords: Markov chains, Markov processes, process mining
– Performance evaluation of healthcare systems (Master’s Degree in Science and Executive Engineering, Personalized Health and Medicine Challenge)
– Digital Twin (Master’s Degree in Science and Executive Engineering, Artificial Intelligence Challenge)
– Health Information Systems (EM Lyon, MSc Health Management & Data Intelligence)
– Petri nets
– Data & Process Mining
Vincent Augusto is a professor and a permanent faculty member of Mines Saint-Étienne, Center for Biomedical and Healthcare Engineering. His areas of research are performance evaluation, engineering of healthcare systems (industrial engineering, simulation), optimization and management of healthcare systems (operational research), health data and medical decision aid (process mining, machine learning). He defended his thesis in 2008 related to the modeling, analysis and control of flows in healthcare systems using UML and Petri nets (Industrial Engineering). He defended his “Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches” in 2016 on the topic of Health Territories Engineering. He was a visiting professor at CIRRELT (Interuniversity research center on business networks, logistics and transport), Laval University, Québec, Canada in 2009 and 2015. He is coresponsible of the living lab MedTechLab, where the approach design, experiments and innovation is combined with healthcare engineering. He is director of the Center for Biomedical and Healthcare Engineering of Mines Saint-Étienne since January 2020 (70 people).
– Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches – Industrial Engineering : Health Territories Engineering (Mines Saint-Etienne, 2008-2016)
– PhD Industrial Engineering applied to Healthcare : Modeling, analysis and control of healthcare flows (Advisor Prof. Xiaolan Xie, Mines Saint-Etienne, 2005-2008)
– Engineering diploma – Master of Science (Computer Science, Polytech’Tours, 2002-2005)
– DEUG Mathématiques et Informatique Appliquées aux Sciences (Université François Rabelais, Tours, 2000-2002)
– Director of the Center for Biomedical and Healthcare Engineering, Mines Saint-Etienne (2020-Présent)
– Invited Professor at CIRRELT, Université Laval, Québec (QC), Canada
Centre Interuniversitaire de Recherche sur les Réseaux d’Entreprise, la Logistique et le Transport (2015)
– Post-doc : Mappage ouvert, collaboratif et vivant des réseaux de soins au Québec au CIRRELT, Université Laval, Québec (QC), Canada (2009)
– PhD : Modeling, analysis and control of healthcare flows using UML and Petri nets (2005-2008)
1. Rejeb O., C. Pilet, S. Hamana, X. Xie, T. Durand, S. Aloui, A. Doly, P. Biron, L. Perrier, V. Augusto. (2017) Performance and cost evaluation of health information systems using micro-costing and discrete-event simulation, Health Care Management Science, doi.org/10.1007/s10729-017-9402-x
2. Prodel M., V. Augusto, B. Jouaneton, L. Lamarsalle, X. Xie. (2017) Optimal Process Mining for Large and Complex Event Logs, Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, doi.org/10.1109/TASE.2017.2784436
3. Zehrouni A., V. Augusto, T. Garaix, R. Phan, X.Xie (2017) Health Care Emergency Plan Modeling and Simulation in Case of Major Flood, Proc. of the 2017 Winter Simulation Conf., Las Vegas, NV, USA.
4. Batata O., V. Augusto, S. Ebrahimi, X.Xie (2017) Performance Evaluation of Respite Care Services Through Multi-Agent Based Simulation, Proc. of the 2017 Winter Simulation Conf., Las Vegas, NV, USA.
5. Prodel M., V. Augusto, X. Xie, B. Jouaneton and L. Lamarsalle. (2016) Evaluation of discovered clinical pathways using process mining and joint agent-based discrete-event simulation. Best Applied Paper, Proc. of the 2016 Winter Simulation Conf., Arlington, VA, USA.
6. Hamana S., V. Augusto and X. Xie. (2016) A Timed Petri Net Approach for Verification of Territorial Healthcare Information Systems. Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Automation Science and Engineering, Fort Worth, USA.
7. Augusto V., O. Rejeb, X. Xie, L. Perrier, P. Biron, T. Durand and S. Aloui. (2015) Performance evaluaton of health information systems using ARIS modeling and discrete-event simulation. Proc. of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conf., Huntington Beach, CA, USA.
8. Franck T., V. Augusto, X. Xie, R. Gonthier and E. Achour. (2015) Performance evaluaton of an integrated care for geriatric departments using discrete-event simulation. Proc. of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conf., Huntington Beach, CA, USA.
9. Augusto V., X. Xie, A modeling and simulation framework for health-care systems. IEEE Transactions on systems, mans and cybernetics, part A : systems and humans. Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 30–46, 2014.
10. Rodriguez-Verjan C., V. Augusto, X. Xie and V. Buthion. (2012) Economic comparison between Hospital at Home and Traditional Hospitalization using a simulation-based approach. J. of Enterprise Information Management, Vol. 26, pp. 135–153.
– Défi d’Or “Inventer Demain” pour le MedTechLab®, Défi Autonomie 2019
– Best Applied Paper, Winter Simulation Conference 2016