The cursus called Cyber-Physical Social System (CPS2) should belong to the Master Informatics of the University of Lyon.
The objective of CPS2 is to train high level computer scientists who will be able to understand the behavior of systems resulting of the fusion of the physical, social and numerical dimensions of our environments. Industry 4.0, smart cities or intelligent transport systems are instances of Cyber-Physical Social Systems which are rapidly-evolving in our modern societies. These specialists will be able to master throughout their career the problematics related to each one of these dimensions as well as the interaction between them. They will be competent to propose and to apply suitable, innovative solutions.
In this context, the cursus CPS2 aims to train persons in charge of informatics domain, architects for cyber-physical systems, engineers for the development of cyber-physical systems, experts in socio-technical systems, functional consultants, project managers for transport, energy, health applications, etc.
Our courses aim to train high level professionals who get a triple expertise:
- Technological: the expertise about the design and implementation of numeric applications taking into account physical features (communication, perception, action, etc.) and social features (privacy, trust, community, etc.).
- Functional: the expertise about the problematics and issues related to the numerical applications which are at the conjunction of the dimensions of these new complex environments.
- Scientific: The expertise about the models which are needed to take into account all the interaction between the dimensions of the Cyber-Physical Social Systems.
The cursus will be composed of courses ensuring:
- A theoretical background: artificial intelligence, multi-agent systems, operational Research and graph theory, Complexity and calculability, semantic web.
- A technical background: network, middleware, integrated project, trust and privacy, security.
- A functional coloration: ambient intelligence, smart cities (smart grid, intelligent transportation system), industry 4.0
This global description of the cursus has to be completed with optional courses ensuring a coloration of the cursus:
- Social coloration: Knowledge representation and reasoning, human-computer interaction, Machine learning, Intelligent data analysis and data mining are courses which could complete the initial formation. (http://www.fib.upc.edu/en/masters/mai.html, http://www.fib.upc.edu/en/masters/mai/syllabus.html).
- Technical coloration: Wireless Computer Networks, Distributed Systems and Computing, are courses which could complete the initial formation (https://www.fit.cvut.cz/en/prospective-students/master).