The school offers 10 disciplines
- Materials science and engineering
- Mecanical engineering
- Process engineering
- Environmental science and engineering
- Earth and universe sciences
- Applied mathematics
- Computational science
- Mathematics: Mathematical Imaging and Spatial Pattern Analysis
- Industrial engineering
How to apply
Applicants for doctoral studies must have validated an equivalent to a Master of Science in engineering or applied sciences (equivalent to the successful completion to a 5th year of higher education).
- Applicants must contact the doctoral department to submit a research project or to consult the department’s research proposals.
- The doctoral department will refer the candidate to a thesis supervisor and review with him the financing aspect during his doctoral studies.
- Once the candidate is selected by the doctoral department and thesis supervisor, he/she will sign a thesis contract.
Doctoral studies at Ecole des Mines are always funded. Funding is provided by the school (regional, national or European grants) or directly by companies in the case of applied research.
The contract is available for a period of 3 years, and it includes medical insurance and other social benefits.
Most calls for PhD applications are issued before April 1st , for a start of PhD programs on October 1st.
Phone: +33 (0)4 77 42 00 14
- Agence Campus France
Online information and guidance for a study project in France:
- National association for doctors of science (ANDès, Association nationale des docteurs ès sciences), which collects and continually updates information on grants for doctoral studies
- Hosting of doctoral candidates and research scholars
- Information on visas
- Contact information for French consulates abroad
- French national legislation related to research (n° 2006-450 of 18 April 2006)
- Ministry of Higher Education, and Research
- Directory of higher education and research, compiled by CNRS, the French national center for scientific research
- CNRS quarterly
- EURAXES, devoted to the mobility of research scholars and scientists in Europe