One-year programmes for
international students seeking a qualification in applied science:
‘Obtain a Master of Science Degree in 1 year’
A Master of Science degree is obtained after 5 years of higher education of which the final 2 are taken at the MINES Saint-Étienne. The final year is comprises 6 months of taught courses and 6 months of internship/master thesis, in collaboration with in-company R&D centres.
International students may be admitted under certain conditions* (see requirements) for the final year and therefore obtain the diploma of Master of Science in one year. After graduation, they have the possibility to continue as PhD students.
Masters of Science taught in English:
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Tribology and Surface Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering and Design
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
- Process Engineering & Industrial Energy Efficiency
- Cyber-Physical Social Systems
- Mathematical Imaging and Spatial Pattern Analysis
Masters of Science taught in French:
- Prospective Design
- Mechanics and Materials Processing
- Microelectronics and nanoelectronics
- Maths in action
- Data and Connected Systems
- Science for Industrial and Urban Environment
- GEOgraphy SPaces Human Environment REsources (GEOSPHERE)
*Requirements for applicants for Masters in Engineering and Masters of Science:
Prior successful completion of a first year of a Master’s Degree in theoretical and / or applied science, or equivalent diploma (at the home university or Ecole des Mines) /or 240 ECTS credits completed.
Level B1 (CEFRL-Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in French language is required for students joining graduate engineering programmes and Masters of Science taught in French.
A good command of English is mandatory for all programmes and specifically the Masters taught in English.